In terms of bone marrow replacement it works out to be a special type of therapy. If you are suffering from cancer or any other diseases you are going to need it. It does take care of the stem cells that you will find in the bone marrow. A process of filter takes place and then it is handed over to the patient back itself. The main aim of this treatment is to provide the patients with this treatment would be replacing the abnormal cells of the bone marrow that has been prone to damage. With this treatment you can go on to cure a host of diseases as well.
During the course of the treatment you need high dose of chemotherapy treatment or radiation therapy that has gone on to damage the bone marrow cells. If any disease has gone on to destroy the bone marrow this treatment might also be necessary. In most cases you can rely on bone marrow transplant in the following cases
- You are going to replace the bone marrow with a genetically function bone marrow. The main reason why this is undertaken is to prevent any sort of progression in relation to genetic disorders.
- If the bone marrow does not function or happens to be deceased then you would need to replace it with a new one. You need to be aware that this approach is situation driven.
- The bone marrow has to be replaced and it needs to restore the normal function. This is after high doses of radiation or chemotherapy are provided to cure a disorder. You can go on to name this procedure rescue and apt for conditions like Lymphoma
- A new form of immune system could be generated that needs to keep cancer at bay
For a host of reasons one may need a bone marrow transplant. It is generally provided to those
- An individual who is suffering from any form of genetic disease that may go on to have an impact on their organs
- Patients it has been observed that the bone marrow has been damaged. This could be radiation therapy or chemotherapy
- Patients in whose case the bone marrow works out to be abnormal and defective
- As an individual you are in good condition in spite of the above situations.
When a bone marrow needs to be undertaken it does depend on the ability of a patient to tolerate certain medical conditions. As part of the procedure
- For the preparation of a bone marrow you might need high doses of chemotherapy or radiation. You can go on to treat a specific disease and at the same time sufficient space in the bone marrow also needs to be incorporated. It goes on to be named ablative by the impact it goes on to create on the bone marrow.
Bone marrow transplant cost in India works out to be among the lowest in the world. This is considering the fact that quality surgeons are on board.