Motherhood is indeed a crucial period for the mother and the family too. Andduring this period vaccination plays a very important role for the health of mother and the pre born baby. There is a benefit for women to be immunized to reduce their chances of morbidity and mortality from vaccine-preventable diseases and so doctors advise mothers to take Vaccines when pregnant. Before administering a vaccine to a pregnant woman, the prenatal health care provider must know the immunogenic material in the vaccine in detail.
Know about the importance and the two kinds of vaccines which are suggested to a lady who is pregnant:
- First and foremost you need to know that generally, vaccines that contain killed or inactivated viruses can be given during pregnancy. Vaccines that contain live viruses aren’t recommended for pregnant women because they are not considered to be very healthy for the mother and the child too. Health care providers and patients should be aware that the reassuring safety data for use of the aforementioned vaccines in pregnancy are compelling, and there is no link to vaccine administration and miscarriage.
- Secondly you should also know that Vaccines during pregnancy provides an added benefit to immunizing during pregnancy is the potential for disease prevention in newborns. They do it by way of passive antibody transfer to the fetus.
- And therefore, offering pregnant patients influenza and Tdap vaccines is an avenue to protect newborn infants at a critically vulnerable time and before neonates can be vaccinated. Patients who decline vaccinations indicated during pregnancy should be offered and given postpartum immunization
- Fourthly Flu or influenza shot is a kind of vaccine that is provided to a pregnant lady mostly. And the flu shot is recommended for women who are pregnant during flu season. This flu shot is made from an inactivated virus. And therefore it is safe for both you and your baby. But remember that would be mother or a pregnant lady should avoid the influenza nasal spray vaccine, which is made from a live virus. That is not considered very healthy for both the mother and the child.
- And then another kind of vaccine is recommended for a pregnant lady that is called the Tetanus toxoid. It is a reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis kind of vaccine.One dose of Tdap vaccine is recommended during each pregnancy to protect your newborn from whooping cough.
Remember that your health care provider will recommend avoiding vaccines that contain live viruses during pregnancy because they pose a theoretical risk. And if you are planning a pregnancy, talk to your doctor about any vaccines you might need beforehand. Live vaccines should be given at least a month before conception. Your family and also the pregnant lady should be concerned about the health of the mother. It is because it is also related to the health of the child too. And vaccines are considered important because it helps to keep germs and diseases away from the mother and the child too.